We are pleased to inform you that we now offer acupuncture for pain relief at this office.
Acupuncture is a 2500-year-old Chinese practice that believes that pain is a result of energy being blocked in channels or meridians in the human body. There are 2000 acupuncture points that lie on these meridians, 12 main and 8 secondary. When needles are placed at the ends of the channels, healthy energy or chi is released and the pain subsides. The best thing about acupuncture as a mechanism for pain relief is that:
- It has no side effects like morphine or other painkillers.
- It is recommended by most traditional doctors as the best form of alternative pain relief therapy.
- Around 50 percent of doctors believe that acupuncture is a viable form of pain management and control.
- It works by releasing the body’s natural pain killers like endorphins and opiods.
- It boosts the working of immune system cells
- It induces neurotransmitters and neurohormones in the brain, thus inducing a feel-good sensation.
- The level of chemicals in the blood stream increase after a session of acupuncture.
- Electromagnetic signals are relayed at a faster rate than normal after acupuncture and this increases the flow of endorphins to the affected areas.
- The reason why acupuncture works is because pain is at the heart of any disease, and by killing the pain, we enhance the healing process
Acupuncture for Pain
Acupuncture has long been used as an effective tool to treat pain. It’s so effective that conventional medical doctors often suggest it for their patients. Because acupuncture treats your body as a whole, it not only reduces pain immediately but it can help you avoid future pain in the same areas.
The most popular form of pain relief that Western medicine has to offer is pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs. If you’ve spent a lot of time in pain, you know that these medications have unreliable results. After a while, their effectiveness wears off. The side effects from prescription medications can often be worse than the pain conditions you are dealing with.
Acupuncture is a powerful and natural pain relieving treatment. The needles stimulate points on your body that release endorphins and other natural pain relievers. They also, according to research, increase the electromagnetic signals between the different cells in your body. This can encourage healing and eliminate pain.
Acupuncture increases blood circulation to different parts of your body and relaxes your muscles. It also helps promote emotional well-being and can increase the effectiveness of your immune system. Instead of bringing the rest of your health down in order to reduce pain (like conventional medications do) it raises the level of your whole body health.
There are many different types of pain that people can experience, and acupuncture is an effective treatment for them all. Back pain is very common and is a result of sprains or strains. Your acupuncturist may use local needles on your back to treat your pain, but most treat it with distal needles placed on other parts of your body.
Your acupuncturist may use cupping or electrical stimulation along with needle insertion. Arthritis is another common form of pain that can be treated with acupuncture. Arthritis can affect many different joints in your body. Depending on where you are experiencing arthritis pain, your acupuncturist may insert needles directly at the site or at other important points along the meridians.
If you think acupuncture is limited to treating skeletal or muscular pain, think again. It’s also been proven effective in treating migraine headaches. Acupuncture can even be used to prevent future migraine attacks. By targeting areas that regulate blood flow to your head, your emotional state and hormonal balance your acupuncturist can eliminate migraines entirely. No matter what types of pain you are experiencing, acupuncture has the solution.
During your first consultation, your acupuncturist will work with you to identify your pain and create a treatment that is designed to heal your body. In a matter of just one session, you’ll feel the benefits of using acupuncture to treat pain.
WE ARE NOW SCHEDULING PATIENTS FOR CONSULTATIONS WITH OUR ACUPUNCTURIST.